The Federal Government have made amendments to the Medicare Telehealth provisions during the COVID-19 crisis. They have estimated that telehealth provisions will be accessible until 30 September 2020, with a review to extend.
Currently, Medicare will subsidise Telehealth appointments for clients who have a valid Medicare card, as well as a valid referral and Mental Health Care Plan from their referring GP.
Lifepath Psychology session fees will be determined upon your current circumstance. Fees will be discussed, and written notification sent prior to your appointment.
At Lifepath Psychology, services provided using the Medicare telehealth items will be bulk billed for:
* Aged Commonwealth concession card holders,
* Department of Veteran Affair card holders,
* children under 16 years of age, and
* patients who are more vulnerable to COVID-19.
For all other clients, bulk billing is at the discretion of the individual psychologist.
Lifepath Psychology session fee structure:
Vulnerable means a patient at risk of COVID-19, so a person who:
* is required to self-isolate or self-quarantine in accordance with guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee in relation to COVID-19; or
* is at least 70 years old; or
* if the person identifies as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and is at least 50 years old; or
* is pregnant; or
* is the parent of a child aged under 12 months; or
* is being treated for a chronic health condition; or
* is immune compromised; or
* meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
If you have any further queries regarding Medicare subsidised sessions at Lifepath Psychology, please feel free to email our office firstname.lastname@example.org or call 64960039